top of page

Bassets @ Tehidy House

The name of the Basset family is firmly associated with the manor house in Tehidy, on land associated with the family since Norman times.

A substantial house was first built on the site in 1734, by John Pendarves Basset, and though the family enjoyed much wealth and influence over the next 280 years, their personal-lives were not always happy. Follow the story of the Basset family for almost three centuries by clicking the button below, and see some of the many buildings that the family financed in the local area around Tehidy.

bottom of page